Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blast from the past


ok....so I'm here to make a confession! And here is the story of how the last couple of events have unfolded.

Back in the day, I lived in Chicago. I met a young man that I completely and utterly fell for, I was madly in love! I don't think he ever realized the extent to which my emotions ran so in case he ever were to read this I'll keep his name out of it to protect his innocence! I remember the moment at which I knew my heart was gone. We had met at a party for another person, but he and I spent the night talking and getting to know each other. The next day I hung out with him and a couple of his friends. We were in his car and I was in the back seat, he was talking to me and looking at me in the rear view mirror. I remember looking at him in the mirror and just knowing that I had lost my heart. Boy, even to this day that brings back some strong feelings. But alas, we were not meant to be.

We kept in contact for a while. Even after I left Chicago we emailed every once in a while but I lost contact with him after I married and moved to TN. I have often wondered where he ended up and what he was doing. Which brings us to modern days.

A young man from Italy walked into the store. He is gorgeous! I mean he could have been a model a movie star or anything else where women would stare at him all day. He was very nice looking. It reminded me of the fellow that I had fallen for so completely in Chicago. So I went the Google and looked for him. (now- here is part of the confession part) I have done this before with no results. I haven't found him, nor a friend of his that I wanted to reconnect with either. But this time....payola.

Of course it was through the wonderful Facebook that I found him. He is married now with children...sigh.....I'm glad he's happy....sigh....but, now I have to tell you the funny part!

I asked to be his friend and I sent a cute little note. From the looks of his Facebook page he doesn't go on it much. So I was thinking it would be a week or two or even months before I heard from him....if at all. So I was not prepared for what happened next.

I was reading The Count of Monte Cristo on my phone....I love that book! This is about the sixth time I've read and I still remember new things every time. Anyway, I heard the notification that I had an email. So I switched over to see what it was and it was a return note from HIM!!!!!!! (confession time!) I ducked and tossed the phone aside!!!!!!!!!! I was expecting any response to be days or weeks away! Not hours!

When I think back to my reaction I had to laugh!!! Here it is over 10 years since I've seen him or talked to him and still I react like a little school girl. It's amazing what our minds and hearts hang on to. And amazing how they affect us years and years later.

I'm glad that I've reconnected with him. He looks happy in his pictures and he's got a nice family and he's done well for himself. So thanks Facebook for all you do....thanks!

lianagrace

2 comments:

KandRsMama said...

So who is this guy in the picture? Is it him or the Italian guy from the store or just someone who look like them both!! He isn't hard to look at!!

lianagrace said...

ha!! he was just some random Italian guy from the internet...thought he was easy to look at too!