Friday, August 13, 2010

The tangled web we weave


Psalm 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight Oh LORD my Rock and my Redeemer.


It's been driven home to me lately how important are the words we speak. And even the words that we don't speak. If we are to live in integrity and honor even the words that we don't speak can cause harm.

Recently I have acted in a way that was not honorable to the people in my life. I knew that if they found out what some of my actions were that they would be hurt and fell betrayed by me. And yet I continued in my actions. Of course I had my justifications for what I've done and how I convinced myself that I was blameless in all of it....in fact even as I write this I find myself going back over everything and finding myself blameless.

But if I am truly honest with myself I should have never done it. I should have put the others before myself and I should have given them the respect and honor due them.

So now, I'm in a tangled web of words and actions the I need to find a way out of. Lord, help me learn through this situation that I am to be more conscience of the words that are spoken and the words that are spoken through my actions. Help me to hold the people in my life as more important than I am and help me to use my words to show them that that is true.

No comments: